Sunday, February 1, 2009

ME

How many have I known ....
who could look but not see
who could touch but not feel
who could speak but not communicate
who could hear but not heed
who could sense but not know 
Of ...
my hopes for the future
my fears for my country
my dreams for my children
my ambitions for myself
in ...
a country free of repression
a country abundant with food
a country generous of spirit and compassion
at...
a time when age doesn't count
a time where experience is rewarded
when ...
my worth as a human is not measured as a resource

5 comments:

Unlucky said...

ME
Really enjoyed your blog. ME
This is my version of your blog ME.
Know alot
Burnt fingers
Jibber Man
Head down arse up full steam ahead
Drongo
Wonderer
Patriot
Empty nest syndrome
Cold tinnie
She'll be alright Jack
Dish in
G Day Mate
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Payday at last
Chewed up turned over and spat out

BoguszBlog said...

Bernie you've writ a classic. Well done. An honest introspective analysis worthy of Dylan. Loved it.

Also intrigued what "Unlucky" said. Who is Unlucky anyhow - do you know? certainly has a sense of humour. I got one from him/her too. Very interesting. Wonder if it's someone we know.

bernie said...

I wouldn't have a clue. Probably someone who got lucky not un-lucky... what an egotist I is!! Good to have someone of a similar bent but I'll shut-up.

fleurbogusz.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fleurbogusz.blogspot.com said...

Every now and again our self worth gets tied up in other people's perceptions; re.. measured as a resource. These are the times we reavaluate our lives and sometimes are directed in a completely different direction to what we thought was important. This has happened to me a few times in my life and I have changed everthing. Flowerpot.