Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HALLELUJAH, I JUST LOVE HIM SO

Strewth! I'll be ty-dyed and hornswoggled
that beaut little tacker Ty has (finally) made his debut
a simultaneous exit and entry into this WBL
to show us what he's like and to take in the view ....

His Mum and Dad are more pleased than Punch
at 3.5 kilos he's a handy little bundle of joy
will he be a poet or a dancer, a devil or a clown
inherit his Great Grand-dads curls? But for now, he's a herald of joy

I've two gee-kiddies to be a gee-diddy to now
when I see 'em I'll sing out 'Lo Ro' or 'Hi Ty'
there'll be the odd tussle or four between 'em
but I'm betting they'll be good mates by and by

when I held him my heart galloped like a Melbourne Cup finale
my senses reeled, love overwhelmed me like a tsunami
Ty ... me kangaroo down, sport ... that's euphoria writ bold
I've gotta suck on a lemon to stop grinning about this baby

A couple of days young and already he's under my skin
I'll look forward to seeing him at Forrie in a little while
we'll toast him with a glass or three of of good Aussie wine
and while drinking in this little Ty(ke) we'll smile 'n smile 'n smile ...

2 comments:

fleurbogusz.blogspot.com said...

Who's the proud gee-diddy!!!
My sisters have told me being a grandparent is a wonderful experience. Your beautiful words demonstrate the love and affection you are feeling for these children. Good one!!! Flowerpot

BoguszBlog said...

Bernie, Judging by your proud boast, I guess I've got a lot to look forward too. My turn is slowly creeping up on me also. Full of wonderful Aussie phrases you have a right to be proud, not only of your little tyke, but also how well you write.