Thursday, May 21, 2009

PIXIE'S PASSING

Pixie passed away on a Monday in May
soon after I'd arrived at Taabinga
I saw her briefly when I dropped Harry off
then had a quick look around Kinga
back at Windchimes I did a quick trip to the tip
with a full load of stuff behind me
went back into town about 4 pm
to bring Harry home for evening tea
as we walked down the aisle to say goodnight
we were met by the hospital nursing staff
who said 'Harry, we're sorry to tell you ...
Pixie's gone, from this life's she's passed
Harry staggered and leaned against the wall
I hung on to his arm as we went to where she lay
I left him alone in his grief, overwhelmed
while I pondered about this unhappy day
Colin and Libby turned up as soon as they could
and stated the whole sad process of interment
we took Harry home and we all had a drink
at the extinguishment of a star in our firmament

No comments: