Thursday, July 23, 2009

IN PRAISE OF MICHAEL JACKSON

I won't be crying nor will I hold a vigil for the man
That's a modern phenomenon I just can't swallow
I'd rather concentrate on his talent and skill
It's his terrific music legacy I'd rather follow

A hellava dancer ... who could forget those moves?
'Thriller', the album had everybody gyrating
He was the maestro who married pop song to dance
To me 'Off The Wall' was electrifying

He had a voice that soared and was so pure
Even as a young tacker he was the centrepiece
Whether with the Jackson Five or McCartney
Magnetic, he did it all with grace and ease

Some people are born to entertain .. he was one
Us mortals are thrilled by the brilliance of him and  others
He lit up the world with his dance and music
And he's up there with the best of the brothers

No comments: