Thursday, February 4, 2010

MY HEART'S A-FLUTTER

I saw both my grandkids yesterday
Oh! I'm a lucky bloke you know
First it was young Ty at Forrie
And later at Cap it was Big Ro

I've seen more of Ty these days
As Esk is closer to where he resides
Looked after him last Monday
While his Mum was away at work but besides ...

He's a lovable little boy with a wistful smile
Curious in the extreme with an intense look
Loves his tucker .. mexie mmmm .. just like his Pa
Putting on weight and likes a story from a book

Curly-haired Roie is a boy and a half
Still shy when he first meets you
Has his own lingo with the odd word of English
Identifies doggy-doos crying 'Ah! Poo'

Hasn't quite got the hang of steering his trike
Ploughs into things with the motor roaring
Likes going for a walk around the garden
At two and a quarter, like any boy, he's into exploring

I'd like them to visit us at Marcoola
Take 'em into the surf down by the beach
Let 'em race round the house or the garden
Or walk in the park that's within reach

These two young blokes, I live 'em so
I'd like to chew on them, tasty like bread and butter
eminently huggable, their young faces open and guileless
Is it any wonder they make my heart go a-flutter?  

No comments: